Because I Don't Have Enough Reading Challenges To Keep Me Busy . . .

I went looking for more!

Full House

6) A person who lives by a body of water
7) A person younger than 18
8) A character that is in a book series

What's in a Name

The challenge runs from January to December. During this time you choose a book to read from each of the following categories (examples of books you could choose are in brackets):

A reference to time (Eleven Minutes, Before Ever After)
A position of royalty (The People’s Queen, The Last Empress, The Curse Of The Pharaoh)
A number written in letters (The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, A Tale Of Two Cities)
A forename or names (Rebecca, Eleanor & Park, The Unfinished Work Of Elizabeth D.)
A type or element of weather (Gone With The Wind, Red Earth Pouring Rain)

Gentle Spectrum

This one had a choice of category A or B (or both). Category A was colors in the title, which I'm already doing on another challenge. But I liked Category B for its diversity.

B ~ Fit one book title into each category.

(1)  PLANTS
trees, flowers, grass, gardening & crop-sowing references.

(2)  STRUCTURES
a building, rooms, a room or building’s parts.

(3)  NATIONS
culture names, locations ~ lakes, towns, famous spots.

(4)  STONES
synonyms, gems, ruins, geological formations.

(5)  FAMILIES
types of relatives, last names, full names.

(6)  QUINTUPLED
a title of 5+ words (articles are fine).

(7)  CHEESY
lame puns or quotations, actual cheeses.

(8)  ENCHANTING
mystical, eerie (content fulfills title;  no debunked ending).

(9)  WEATHER
any words approximating weather or seasons.

(10)  CHEERFUL
positive messages, conveys pleasant images.

Alphabet Soup ~ Reading a book that starts with each letter of the alphabet.

Outside the Box ~ A leveled reading challenge

Classics are the new black – read a classic novel
It’s a serial thing – you’ve read the first in a series (or even three of them), it’s time to read another!
Lost in translation – time to read a book that was first written in another language and then translated.
It’s about time! – read a book that has been sitting on your shelf for at least two years! (and haven’t read it yet!)
By the numbers – read a book with a Number in the title
Weird Science! – read a book that features some form of science – and maybe discover an untapped passion.
I just love a good Duet– a book written by more than one author.
New Guy in Town – read a Debut book written by a new author.
Almost Human – read a book from the perspective of an animal – or an alien – or a robot! (at least feature an ‘almost human’)
Chunkster-time! – read a book that is longer 500 pages. (Time to dust off War and Peace)
Random Rescue – go to a used book store and RANDOMLY pick a book! (could even be from a grab-bag)
Under-Aged Writer – read a book by an author who is not yet 21. Here's a little help.
Time for exercise – read a book that is set in or around a sport or exercise activity (like yoga or baseball). This can be fiction or nonfiction!
Make-Believe - This category is just for YOU! (and anyone who wants to try it!) Here is your chance to let others know what would get you outside of your Comfort Zone!

The Levels
I’m a little Scared: 3-4 categories
It’s not so bad out here!:  5-7 categories
Look at me, outside my comfort zone!:  8-10 categories
Outside In!: 11-13 categories
No Box can Contain Me!: I did ALL 14!

I might start a group for keeping track of the books I read in these challenges, so if anyone wants to join me, stay tuned.