2014 Around-the-World Challenge

If on a winter's night a traveler - Italo Calvino

I read this book for the Around-the-World Challenge in my Goodreads' Group The Dead Writers Society. Italo Calvino was born in Santiago de Las Vegas, Cuba in 1923 and died in 1985.

The best way I can describe how I felt about this book is to quote a comment I read on a review:

I am totally convined Calvino suffered from a writer´s block for years. When a new book was due he simply collected unfinished stories, put them together with some unrelated nonsense and called it done or If On A Winter´s Night A Traveler. And everybody declared him a genius because noone could understand a single freaking thing.

2014 Around-the-World Challenge

Our DWS Reading Challenge for 2014 will be to read books by authors who were born in the following areas of the world.

January: North America Canada, Bahamas, Bermuda, Greenland, Caribbean, Mexico, Central America [Excludes US]

February: South America

March: Western Europe [Excludes England]

April: Eastern Europe Countries east of Germany, Austria, Italy [Includes Ukraine, Belarus] [Excludes Russia]

May: Northern Europe Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark

June: North Africa Western Sahara, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Sudan, Mauritania, Mali, Niger, Chad

July: Sub-Saharan Africa http://splashman.phoenix.wikispaces.n...

August: Middle East Turkey, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman, Iran, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Kyrgystan, Kazakhstan

September: Russia, Mongolia

October: China, Korea, Japan

November: India [Includes Nepal, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia,
Indonesia, Philippines]

December: Australasia Australia, New Zealand, Oceania, Papua New Guinea [Includes surrounding islands]