Sock Poppet's 2014 Reading Challenges Master List

I've finally decided on my 2014 Reading Challenges. Believe it or not, I've narrowed down the Challenges I wanted to do from a loooooong list. Everything sounds like so much fun, but since there are only so many hours in the day that I can devote to reading, here are the ones I've chosen.

Wednesday ~ In the Beginning

I've always wanted to make a list of the opening line(s) of books I'm reading, so starting on the first day of 2014 and every Wednesday thereafter, I'll post the first line(s) of whatever book I'm reading. It will be fun to see how creative authors are in hooking me from the start.

Friday ~ Friday 56

I will continue with my Friday posting of a section from page 56 (or about 15% ebook) of the book I'm currently reading.

Around-the-World Challenge

This is a challenge we've created on the Dead Writers Society group I'm in on Goodreads. Please join the group if you are interested in joining this Challenge.

A to Z Reading Challenge

A to Z Reading Challenge Booklikes Discussion Group

The A to Z Challenge I've created to make reading a little more fun.

A to Z Book Cover Challenge

A book-cover challenge, because I love book covers.

C. S. Lewis Reading Project

Another reading challenge from the Dead Writers Society group.

Possible Challenges (These sound like fun, but I don't know if I'll have time for them so they will only become Challenges if I find I can fit them in without stressing myself.)

Color-Coded Challenge

I will tweak this a bit so that the color can be on the cover or in the title.

Lucky 14

Monthly Key Word

Monthly Motif

I'm really looking forward to the fun of following these challenges. I think the hardest part is going to be coordinating the different challenges so I don't forget anything.

Here's to a wonderful year of reading and chatting about books in 2014!