30-Day October Book Challenge ~ Day 18

Sin and Sensibility - Suzanne Enoch An Invitation to Sin - Suzanne Enoch Something Sinful - Suzanne Enoch Sins of a Duke - Suzanne Enoch

Day 18 ~ A book that disappointed you

I love Suzanne Enoch's writing. She injects a lot of humor into her books, which makes me happy. And her heroes are charming and hot. But even the best writer can occasionally get it wrong. So very wrong.

The Griffin Family series was great. I read Something Sinful first, which sent me back to read the first two books. By the time I was finished, I couldn't wait to read Sebastian Griffin, the Duke of Melbourne's book. He was a widower with a little girl. He had loved his first wife and he loved his little girl. He was kind and sweet, loved his family and deserved an awesome love.

Sadly, he got the greedy, vulgar con-artist daughter of con artists. The book was a travesty from start to finish. The only way I could handle the betrayal was to imagine Sebastian being widowed once again and finally finding his true love.

It's a dark day in Readerville when one has to provide the happily-ever-after that the author neglected to write.